White Chocolate Cheesecake
My husband, son and brother all love this cheesecake. Between the three of them, there's not much left for the rest of us!—Sherri M Fields, Greensboro, North Carolina
Total TimePrep: 35 min. Bake: 1 hour + chilling
- 2 cups crushed shortbread cookies (about 8 ounces)
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 egg yolk, lightly beaten
- 16 ounces white baking chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1 milk chocolate candy bar with almonds (6 ounces), chopped
- Place a greased 10-in. springform pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Securely wrap foil around pan.
- In a small bowl, combine cookie crumbs and butter. Press onto the bottom of prepared pan. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter, milk, vanilla and nutmeg until well blended. Add eggs and egg yolk; beat on low speed just until combined. Stir in melted white chocolate. Fold in the chopped candy bar. Pour over crust.
- Place springform pan in a large baking pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan. Bake for 60-65 minutes until center is just set and top appears dull.
- Remove pan from water bath. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight. Remove sides of pan before slicing.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 769 calories, 62g fat (35g saturated fat), 213mg cholesterol, 459mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (28g sugars, 1g fiber), 13g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.