White Chocolate Cheesecake with Cranberry-Orange Compote
From its creamy cheese texture to subtle orange flavor and tart cranberry topping, this dessert will steal the show at your holiday meal. —Mary Richard, San Jose, California
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 55 min. + chilling
- 1-1/2 cups chocolate wafer crumbs
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 12 ounces white baking chocolate, chopped and melted
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- CRANBERRY-ORANGE COMPOTE:
- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh cranberries
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- Sweetened whipped cream, optional
- Preheat oven to 325°. Place a greased 9-in. springform pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Wrap foil securely around pan. Place on a baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, mix wafer crumbs, butter and sugar. Press onto bottom of prepared pan. Bake 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in melted chocolate, sour cream and vanilla. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until blended. Fold in orange zest. Pour over crust. Place springform pan in a large baking pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan.
- Bake until center is just set and top appears dull, 55-65 minutes. Remove springform pan from water bath. Cool cheesecake on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Loosen sides from pan with a knife; remove foil. Cool 1 hour longer.
- Meanwhile, for compote, in a large saucepan, combine compote ingredients. Cook over medium heat until berries pop, about 15 minutes. Cool to room temperature. Spread over cheesecake. Refrigerate overnight, covering when completely cooled. Remove rim from pan. If desired, serve cheesecake with whipped cream.
Nutrition Facts1 slice (calculated without whipped cream): 622 calories, 38g fat (23g saturated fat), 138mg cholesterol, 333mg sodium, 61g carbohydrate (51g sugars, 2g fiber), 9g protein.
Originally published as White Chocolate Cheesecake with Cranberry-Orange Compote in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2017