White Chocolate Cheesecake with Cherry Topping
My recipe is simple but versatile. For variety, change up the crust by using chocolate chip cookies, shortbread or vanilla wafers instead of the graham crackers. You could also replace the cherry topping with strawberry or another fruit.—Susan Clements, Conway, Arkansas
Total TimePrep: 35 min. Bake: 65 min. + chilling
- 2-1/2 cups cinnamon graham crackers crumbs (about 13 whole crackers)
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 4 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/3 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 ounces white baking chocolate, finely chopped
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) sour cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 ounce white baking chocolate, melted and cooled slightly
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- Whipped cream
- Preheat oven to 325°. In a small bowl, mix cracker crumbs and brown sugar; stir in butter. Press onto bottom and 1-1/2 in. up sides of a greased 10-in. springform pan. Place pan on a baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in vanilla. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until blended. Fold in chocolate. Pour into crust.
- Bake 55-60 minutes or until center is almost set. Let stand 5 minutes on a wire rack. In a small bowl, mix sour cream, sugar and melted chocolate; spread over top of cheesecake. Bake 10 minutes longer.
- Cool on wire rack 10 minutes. Loosen sides from pan with a knife. Cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight, covering when completely cooled.
- Remove rim from pan. Serve cheesecake with pie filling and whipped cream.
Originally published as Undenialbe White Chocolate/Cherry Cheesecake in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2014
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.