White Chocolate Cake with Peaches
Topped with a to-die-for white chocolate frosting, this cake looks and tastes like a professional made it. I like to make it every summer when fresh peaches are at their peak.—Yvonne Starlin, Hermitage, Tennessee
Total TimePrep: 50 min. + chilling Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 8 ounces white baking chocolate, chopped
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1-1/3 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups cake flour
- 2-1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/4 cups whole milk
- 20 ounces white baking chocolate, chopped
- 1-3/4 cups unsalted butter, cubed
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 4 cups sliced peeled fresh or frozen peaches, thawed (about 1 pound)
- 1/4 cup peach preserves, warmed
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line bottoms of two greased 9-in. round baking pans with parchment paper; grease paper. In top of a double boiler or a metal bowl over hot water, melt white chocolate; stir until smooth. Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition. Stir in melted chocolate.
- Transfer batter to prepared pans. Bake 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes before removing to wire racks; remove paper. Cool completely.
- For frosting, in top of a double boiler or a metal bowl over hot water, melt white chocolate; stir until smooth. Remove from heat; let stand to cool slightly but not set, about 15 minutes. In a large bowl, beat butter and vanilla until blended. Gradually beat in melted chocolate. Gradually add confectioners' sugar, beating until smooth. Refrigerate frosting 45 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, bring water and sugar to a boil over medium heat, stirring to dissolve sugar. Cool completely.
- Using a long serrated knife, cut each cake horizontally in half. Place one cake layer on a serving plate; brush with some of the syrup. Beat chilled frosting 1-2 minutes or until light and creamy. Spread 1 cup frosting over cake; top with 1 cup peaches. Repeat twice. Top with remaining cake layer. Frost top and sides of cake with remaining frosting.
- Arrange remaining peaches over top of cake; brush with preserves. Gently press walnuts into frosting on sides of cake. Store in refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 763 calories, 47g fat (27g saturated fat), 138mg cholesterol, 160mg sodium, 79g carbohydrate (61g sugars, 1g fiber), 9g protein.
Originally published as White Chocolate Layer Cake with Peach Filling and White Chocolate Buttercream in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2014