White Chocolate Bread Pudding with Tart Cherry Sauce
The flavor of this rich, scrumptious bread pudding is reminiscent of eggnog. It's served with a bright cherry sauce, which makes it so good! —Shawn Osborne, Vinton, Virginia
Total TimePrep: 35 min. Bake: 25 min.
Makes12 servings (2 cups sauce)
- 2 cups dried cherries
- 2 cups cherry juice blend
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 cups heavy whipping cream
- 10 ounces white baking chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- White baking chocolate curls
- In a large saucepan, bring the cherries, juice and sugar to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Remove cherries with a slotted spoon; set aside. Return liquid to a boil; cook until reduced to about 3/4 cup. Return cherries to pan; cool.
- Place bread cubes in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. In a large saucepan, combine the cream, white chocolate, milk, sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until chocolate is melted.
- Stir a small amount of mixture into eggs; return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Pour mixture over bread cubes. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Serve warm with cherry sauce and chocolate curls.
Nutrition Facts1 piece with about 2 tablespoons sauce: 648 calories, 34g fat (20g saturated fat), 194mg cholesterol, 341mg sodium, 76g carbohydrate (50g sugars, 2g fiber), 12g protein.
Originally published as White Chocolate bread Pudding with Tart Cherry Sauce in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2011