White Chocolate Bread Pudding with Tart Cherry Sauce Recipe
The flavor of this rich, scrumptious bread pudding is reminiscent of eggnog. It's served with a bright cherry sauce, which makes it so good! —Shawn Osborne, Vinton, Virginia
Featured In: 78 Christmas Potluck Desserts for 12 or More
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 cups dried cherries
- 2 cups cherry juice blend
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 cups heavy whipping cream
- 10 ounces white baking chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- White baking chocolate curls
- In a large saucepan, bring the cherries, juice and sugar to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Remove cherries with a slotted spoon; set aside. Return liquid to a boil; cook until reduced to about 3/4 cup. Return cherries to pan; cool.
- Place bread cubes in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. In a large saucepan, combine the cream, white chocolate, milk, sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until chocolate is melted.
- Stir a small amount of mixture into eggs; return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Pour mixture over bread cubes. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Serve warm with cherry sauce and chocolate curls. Yield: 12 servings (2 cups sauce).
Originally published as White Chocolate Bread Pudding with Tart Cherry Sauce in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2011, p158