White Chocolate Banana Pie
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 6 ounces white baking chocolate, chopped
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 medium firm bananas, sliced
- Lemon juice
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- In a saucepan, cook and stir the cream and chocolate over low heat until chocolate is melted. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Transfer to a bowl. Cover and refrigerate for 6 hours or until thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Beat on high speed until light and fluffy, about 4 minutes (do not overbeat). Dip banana slices in lemon juice. Pour half of the cream mixture into pastry shell. Top with bananas. Cover with remaining cream mixture. Refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 376 calories, 30g fat (18g saturated fat), 87mg cholesterol, 127mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Apr 12, 2009
I was disappointed with this pie. It didn't taste chocolatey at all. In fact, it lacked flavor overall. Oh well!~ Theresa
Mar 25, 2009
Would the restraunt be Rafferty's. I am looking for one that is like the one they serve.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.