White Chocolate-Almond Dipped Cookies
Total TimePrep: 35 min. Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup finely chopped dried apricots
- 8 ounces white candy coating, chopped
- 1 cup finely chopped almonds, toasted
- In a large bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in extract. Gradually add flour and mix well. Stir in apricots.
- Roll 1 tablespoonful of dough into a 2-1/2-in. log; shape into a crescent. Repeat. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-14 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a microwave, melt candy coating; stir until smooth. Dip half of each cookie in coating; allow excess to drip off. Press into almonds; place on waxed paper. Let stand until set. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 138 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 39mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
Dec 22, 2011
Made a batch to take to the office. They are just okay. I like the idea of another reviewer to use walnuts.
Dec 1, 2011
Melt in your mouth yumminess!! I made these for the cookie exchange at work last year. BIG hit even with the fussiest of snackers. They have been added to my annual Christmas cookie lineup!
Oct 27, 2010
My husband called this one a keeper. I used chopped walnuts with the white almond bark as I didn't have almonds on hand.