White Chili with Chicken Recipe
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped, * optional
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 cans (15-1/2 ounces each) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 to 1-1/4 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1. In a large saucepan, cook onion, jalapeno if desired and garlic in oil until tender. Stir in broth, beans, parsley, lime juice and cumin; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into chili. Add chicken. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup: 202 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 42mg cholesterol, 833mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 4g fiber), 19g protein.
Reviews for White Chili with Chicken
"I use serrano instead of jalape?os and I use 2 more cloves of garlic total of 4 cloves, also extra onions and lime.I've made this recipe many times everyone loves it, thank you , Lisa"
"This is a great recipe. I like the zip...but if you're a wimp you might cut the cayenne. Will definitely make again."
"Delish! My husband surprised me by cooking this at home all by himself while I had to work late one night. Great recipe.~ Theresa"
"Awesome recipe just the way it is! I will definitely be making it again."
"Simple and tasty."
"My family loved this recipe and wanted me to make it again the next week. I replaced the jalapeno with a small can of mild green chilis. It's a quick, nutritious comfort food!"
"Omit jalapeno peppers and add instead,1 (8oz) block Monterey Jack cheese with jalapeno peppers, cut into chunks"