- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups 2% milk
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 8 cups thinly sliced peeled potatoes
- 3-1/2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 2 cups shredded sharp white cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large saucepan, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook and stir until tender. Stir in flour and seasonings until blended; gradually whisk in milk. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in soup. Remove from heat; stir in sour cream.
- In a greased 13x9-in. baking dish, layer half of each of the following: potatoes, ham, cheese and sauce. Repeat layers.
- Bake, covered, 30 minutes. Bake, uncovered, 40-50 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews forWhite Cheddar Scalloped Potatoes
"I prepared this cheesy dish and it turned out wonderful!! The white cheddar puts a whole new spin on scalloped potatoes! Will make it again!!"
"This is a delicious dish and a great way to use up ham. It was very rich, but this is the type of dish that is supposed to be rich! I used yellow cheddar because I did not have white on hand but otherwise followed the recipe exactly. I served it with steamed broccoli and ended up mixing everything together to freshen the dish up a little bit."
"I made these potatoes at Easter and I was overwhelmed with compliments! Yes, it is fattening, but it is only once a year! Indulge- you will never make any other scalloped potatoes!"
"Great recipe! it's definitely a keeper! I wasn't sure about the spices, but they worked well."
"1star in order to ask a question. What's the difference between white and orange cheddar?"
"this one is a keeper, very good!"
"This was good. A little heavy but very good. I also made the Orange n Red Onion salad. It needed more vinegar for better balance."
"Cheesy just the way I like it."
"This is an awesome dish would be great for a covered dish dinner."