- 1 package (16 ounces) small pasta shells
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground chipotle pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups 2% milk
- 2 cups shredded sharp white cheddar cheese
- 2 cups shredded Manchego or additional white cheddar cheese
- In a 6-qt. stockpot, cook pasta according to package directions. Drain; return to pot.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in flour and seasonings until smooth; gradually whisk in milk. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir until thickened, 6-8 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in cheeses until melted. Add to pasta; toss to coat. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forWhite Cheddar Mac & Cheese
"I made this recipe almost as written and it is delicious. The one thing I did differently was to bake it for about 20-25 minutes until the top was bubbly and a little bit browned. I have made it twice now. Delicious!"
"I made this recipe as written, except I used 1% milk because that’s what I had. It was easy to make and we loved the flavor. I will definitely be making this recipe again!"