White Casserole Bread
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + rising Bake: 40 min. + cooling
Makes1 loaf (16 slices)
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1-1/4 cups warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2-1/2 to 3 cups all-purpose flour
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in water. Add sugar, salt and 1-1/2 cups flour; beat until smooth. Add enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down. Shape into a round loaf and place in a greased 1-qt. baking dish. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Using a sharp knife, make three slashes across the top. Bake 40-45 minutes. Remove from dish to cool on a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 90 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 73mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch.
May 30, 2013
I'm an avid baker of yeasdt breads. Will so ebnjoy making this bread! Thank you for sharing. Joscy
Feb 26, 2013
This bread recipe turned out great. I would add 1/4 cup more flour to the recipe as it was too sticky without it. I will make this bread again.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.