White Beans with Rigatoni Recipe
- 8 ounces rigatoni or large tube pasta
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 package (8 ounces) sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 can (15 ounces) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 tablespoons miced fresh sage
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups chopped kale
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. In a large saucepan, saute onion and garlic in oil until tender. Stir int the mushrooms; cook about 5 minutes longer or until mushrooms are almost tender.
- 2. Stir in the beans, tomatoes, sage, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Stir in the kale. Return to boil. Cover and cook for 3-4 minutes or until kale is wilted and tender. Drain pasta; add to bean mixture and heat through. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 5 servings.
1-1/2 cups: 319 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 537mg sodium, 55g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 8g fiber), 14g protein.
Reviews for White Beans with Rigatoni
"I've made this recipe several times. I use my home-canned tomatoes and frozen kale from my garden - Since the kale is being cooked, the frozen greens work fine."
"I would definitely make this again. It was a nice hearty meatless meal with excellent flavor. About the only things I changed were to use gluten-free pasta (I used brown rice rotini) and to use more kale than the recipe called for. I think I used about 4 cups, and even more kale wouldn't hurt. I didn't have fresh sage, so used dry instead, but only two teaspoons."