White Bean Soup with Rosemary & Parmesan
This hearty soup is a nice change of pace from boring old chicken noodle. Fresh veggies and rosemary lend fantastic flavor the whole family will love. —Jerry Gulley, Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 25 min.
Makes8 servings (2 quarts)
- 1 celery rib, sliced
- 2/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 medium carrot, chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 to 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (49 ounces) reduced-sodium vegetable or chicken broth
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 2/3 cup uncooked small pasta shells
- 3 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large saucepan, cook the celery, onion, carrot and garlic in oil until tender. Stir in the rosemary, salt and pepper; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in broth and beans. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions.
- Remove soup from the heat; cool slightly. Place a third of the soup mixture in a blender. Cover and process until pureed; return to pan. Drain pasta; stir into soup. Heat through. Sprinkle with cheese.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 155 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 778mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 5g fiber), 8g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
Originally published as White Bean Soup with Rosemary and Parmesan in tasteofhome.com
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.