White Bean ‘n’ Olive Toasts
This appetizer is one of my favorites to serve to guests at holiday get-togethers.—Shirley A. Glaab, Hattiesburg, Mississippi
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 can (15 ounces) cannellini beans, rinsed and drained, divided
- 10 pitted Greek olives, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley, divided
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 18 slices French bread (1/2 inch thick)
- 1/2 cup chopped seeded tomatoes
- In a small bowl, mash 1 cup beans. Add the olives, 1 tablespoon parsley, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Place bread slices on an ungreased baking sheet. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes or until lightly browned. Spread with mashed bean mixture. Sprinkle with tomatoes, and remaining beans and parsley.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 56 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 166mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as White Bean and Olive Spread in Country Woman Christmas 2008