White Bean Dip
My family and I enjoy eating this with tortilla chips, crackers and just about anything else we can find to dip into it—including our fingers! We truly do live out in the country. Our area's so remote that we don't even have a telephone! —Linn Landry, Honeydew, California
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1 can (15 ounces) cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves
- Salt to taste
- Pita bread, corn chips or vegetable dippers
- In a food processor or blender, combine the first 8 ingredients. Cover and process until smooth. Chill. Serve with toasted pita bread triangles, corn chips or fresh vegetables.
Nutrition Facts1 tablespoon: 29 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 78mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch.
Jan 9, 2011
I increased the garlic and hot pepper sauce. Next time I'll add a tablespoon of sesame tahini.
Feb 1, 2010
I think this is great and I added a can of artichoke hearts and the juice of a whole lemon or lime! Very healthy and tasty!