White Bean and Spinach Salads
This is one of my favorite summertime salads. Fresh parsley, tarragon and chives give the homemade dressing special flavor. Packaged pre-cut matchstick carrots make it a snap to fix! —Elisabeth Larsen, Pleasant Grove, Utah
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh tarragon
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon minced chives
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (15 ounces) cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup julienned carrot
- 1/4 cup roasted sweet red peppers, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach
- In a small bowl, whisk the first 10 ingredients. In another bowl, combine the beans, carrot, red peppers and onion. Add dressing and toss to coat.
- Divide spinach among four serving plates. Top with bean mixture.