- 1 large sweet red pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled, quartered and sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary or 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a Dutch oven over medium heat, cook and stir peppers in oil until tender. Add the sweet potato, garlic and rosemary; cook 4-5 minutes longer.
- Stir in water and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-7 minutes or until sweet potato is tender. Stir in the beans, tomatoes and salt; heat through. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forWhite Bean, Sweet Potato & Pepper Ragout
"Looks a lot better in the picture. We didn't care for this. Not enough flavor."
"To give more flavor, I added a can of Italian diced tomatoes, 1/4 tsp of oregano & 1/4 tsp of crushed fennel seeds. Will definitely make again!!"
"nutritious and easy to make, but needed more flavor"
"I love this recipe. I've never like sweet potatoes because they are always served with brown sugar and marshmallow. This is a great dish for those who aren't usually big sweet potato fans."