Whistling Marinated Chicken
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + marinating Cook: 25 min.
- 1 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-1/4 cups water, divided
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Pour half into
- a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first seven ingredients. Add chicken; seal bag and refrigerate for at least 8 hours. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Drain marinade from chicken. In a large skillet over medium heat, brown chicken in oil. Add reserved marinade and 1 cup water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°.
- Combine cornstarch and remaining water until smooth; gradually stir into pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in parsley.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 5, 2010
The prep work is well worth the wonderful taste of this chicken! I made this once for my husband when we were dating, and he remembers when I made it! What a great meal for company too.