- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 to 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 tablespoon olive or vegetable oil
- 1-1/4 cups water, divided
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first seven ingredients; mix well. Add chicken; seal bag and refrigerate for at least 8 hours. Drain and reserve marinade.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, brown the chicken in oil. Add the marinade and 1 cup water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Combine cornstarch and remaining water; stir into pan. Bring to a boil; boil for 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Stir in parsley. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forWhistling Marinated Chicken
"The prep work is well worth the wonderful taste of this chicken! I made this once for my husband when we were dating, and he remembers when I made it! What a great meal for company too."