Whiskey Sirloin Steak
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + marinating Broil: 15 min.
- 1/4 cup whiskey or apple cider
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 beef top sirloin steak (1 pound and 1 inch thick)
- In a shallow dish, combine the first 5 ingredients; add the beef and turn to coat. Cover; refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade. Place beef on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 7-8 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 1e5°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°).
Nutrition Facts3 ounce-weight: 168 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 46mg cholesterol, 353mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 25g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 16, 2017
This is soooooo good and easy to prepare.
Feb 12, 2017
This is my go-to recipe for steak marinade, partly because it's so easy and quick to mix up, but mainly because it's delicious. I use whiskey to make the marinade for London broil and I everyone loves it.
Oct 28, 2015
I used apple cider vinegar instead of the whiskey. I also used venison steak. The meat comes out tender. My husband enjoyed the dish.
Apr 23, 2013
Loved this!!! I used vension steak and blackberry flavored whiskey and it was great. For all you hunters this is a keeper!
Aug 25, 2011
Was a little sweet for my taste. Very tender, simple to make and quick! Definitely a make again!
Mar 1, 2011
Excellent flavor! I marinated overnight and used apple cider vinegar instead of whiskey. Although the flavor was great, my steak was a little tough. Next time I will either try a different cut of meat or grilling on low instead of broiling. The marinade is definitely a keeper though.
Jan 18, 2011
This recipe was very good! I made with the apple cider instead of actual whiskey. I marinated my meat for about 10 hours and it was fantastic. I will be making this again!
Apr 20, 2010
Wow! Fantastic, even my picky kids liked it!
Feb 2, 2010
I used whiskey.....we all loved it! Next time I'll try flat iron steak....no steak sauce needed with this one!