Whiskey Sirloin Steak for Two
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + marinating Broil: 15 min.
- 2 tablespoons whiskey or apple cider
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 pound beef top sirloin steak (1 inch thick)
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first five ingredients; add the beef. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade. Place beef on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 7-8 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°).
Nutrition Facts3 ounce-weight: 169 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 46mg cholesterol, 353mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 25g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat.
Mar 27, 2011
This marinade was great! Lots of flavour without losing the "steak" taste. Will definitely make again.
Mar 22, 2010
This was fantastic, I made this for the whole family and even the kids loved it!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.