Whiskey Sirloin Steak for Two
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + marinating Broil: 15 min.
- 2 tablespoons whiskey or apple cider
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 pound beef top sirloin steak (1 inch thick)
- In a shallow dish, combine the first 5 ingredients; add the beef and turn to coat. Cover; refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade. Place beef on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 7-8 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°).
Nutrition Facts3 ounce-weight: 169 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 46mg cholesterol, 353mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 25g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 27, 2011
This marinade was great! Lots of flavour without losing the "steak" taste. Will definitely make again.
Mar 22, 2010
This was fantastic, I made this for the whole family and even the kids loved it!