Whipped Squash Recipe
- 1 butternut squash (about 2-1/2 pounds), peeled, seeded and cubed
- 3 cups water
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, optional, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1. In a saucepan over medium heat, bring squash, water and 1/2 teaspoon of salt if desired to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until the squash is tender.
- 2. Drain; transfer to a bowl. Add butter, brown sugar, nutmeg and remaining salt if desired; beat until smooth. Yield: 6 servings.
0.700 cup: 86 calories, 4g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 37mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Whipped Squash
"It's an easy tasty way to serve my favorite squash!!"
"I haven't tried yet but I plan to. I am confused though - says 0g sugar in the nutrition but the recipe clearly has 1tsp sugar in it?"
"Ok flavor, easy to make. Good winter squash recipe to have around."
"this is the 4th time i made this. it is a great replacement for potato. i am using a little chicken broth this time"
"I also added about 1/8 tsp of cinnamon ....and a splash of maple syrup. Yum!"
"So good we have this all the time !"
"Good! I used another reviewers recommendation and used cinnamon instead of salt! (although my DH did think they were sweet potatoes and said hmmm...these don't taste like what you made a few weeks ago! I had to let him know it was squash not potatoes LOL)."
"this recipe for butternut squash was delic!the only thing i had done to put more taste into it was cinnamon since i didnt use salt. but besides that it was creamy and m m good!"
"This had very good flavor. I loved the nutmeg and it paired well with a little pepper and salt. I added a little chicken broth to make it a little creamier. The family loved this"