Whipped Orange Sweet Potatoes
Bored with your usual potato recipes? Wake up taste buds with this whipped sensation. The crunchy pecan topping, brown sugar and hint of orange will have everyone asking for seconds.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 2 pounds medium sweet potatoes, cooked, peeled and cubed
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, beat potatoes until smooth. Beat in the egg, brown sugar, orange juice, butter, sour cream, orange zest and cinnamon. Pour into a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with pecans. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°.