Whipped Orange Sweet Potatoes
Bored with your usual potato recipes? Wake up taste buds with this whipped sensation. The crunchy pecan topping, brown sugar and hint of orange will have everyone asking for seconds.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 2 pounds medium sweet potatoes, cooked, peeled and cubed
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, beat potatoes until smooth. Beat in the egg, brown sugar, orange juice, butter, sour cream, orange zest and cinnamon. Pour into a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with pecans. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 192 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 42mg cholesterol, 45mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1-1/2 fat.
Originally published as Sweet Potato A L'Orange in Country Woman Christmas 2009
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.