Whipped Chocolate and Cherry Pie
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 11 large marshmallows
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- 1 piece (3 ounces) milk chocolate candy bar, chopped
- 1 container (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed and divided
- 1 graham cracker crust (10 inches)
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- In a large saucepan, combine the marshmallows, milk and chocolate. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until smooth. Cool completely.
- Fold 3/4 cup whipped topping into chocolate mixture. Pour into prepared crust. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Top with pie filling and remaining whipped topping. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 416 calories, 16g fat (8g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 213mg sodium, 63g carbohydrate (48g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Jun 22, 2018
This is really an easy pie to make and so very good. I sometimes use strawberry pie filling also.
Nov 11, 2014
I make this several times a year and every Thanksgiving I make one just for my husband's uncle to take home...it's his favorite!
Nov 9, 2012
I make this every year! so easy and everyone loves it!
Sep 3, 2012
I used a keebler 2 extra serving graham cracker crust and spread hot fudge topping on the bottom of crust before adding the chocolate mixture. I also used a 6 oz Hersey bar. Tuned out great.
Jul 9, 2011
Very tasty and incredibly easy to make. I doubled the chocolate portion to have enough. One portion of the chocolate would not fill up the crush as shown in the picture.
Apr 2, 2011
Made this pie according to directions, need to double the chocolate. Not as shown in picture.
Mar 22, 2011
This pie was delicious. I think I'll make it for a second time tomorrow.
Feb 13, 2011
I LOVE THIS PIE. I USE TOLL HOUSE MILK CHOCOLATE MORSELS IF I DO NOT HAVE A CANDY BAR.
Apr 5, 2010
I made this with Dove Dark Chocolate Hearts. YUM! The dark chocolate and the cherry are delicious together. The second time I made it I mixed the graham cracker crust in with the chocolate mixture. Scoop that into a cup and it's GOLDEN I tell ya!
Feb 6, 2010
I made this pie though my husband doesn't care for cherry pie, but it's my favorite. I used a chocolate graham crust and semi sweet chocolate chip and mini hersey milk chocolate bars. I love the chocolate portion and made more sauce(no cool whip) to use with a pound cake. This pie is good but I didn't think the pie filling added enough flavor or sweetness. My husband liked it but picked out a few of the cherries. I would try this again without the cherries.I can't think of another pie filling to use, maybe a fresh fruit or nut layer would be good.