- 11 large marshmallows
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 piece (3 ounces) milk chocolate candy bar, chopped
- 1 container (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed and divided
- 1 graham cracker crust (10 inches)
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- In a large saucepan, combine the marshmallows, milk and chocolate. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until smooth. Cool completely.
- Fold 3/4 cup whipped topping into chocolate mixture. Pour into prepared crust. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Top with pie filling and remaining whipped topping. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forWhipped Chocolate and Cherry Pie
"I make this several times a year and every Thanksgiving I make one just for my husband's uncle to take home...it's his favorite!"
"I make this every year! so easy and everyone loves it!"
"I used a keebler 2 extra serving graham cracker crust and spread hot fudge topping on the bottom of crust before adding the chocolate mixture. I also used a 6 oz Hersey bar. Tuned out great."
"This pie was delicious. I think I'll make it for a second time tomorrow."
"I made this pie though my husband doesn't care for cherry pie, but it's my favorite. I used a chocolate graham crust and semi sweet chocolate chip and mini hersey milk chocolate bars. I love the chocolate portion and made more sauce(no cool whip) to use with a pound cake. This pie is good but I didn't think the pie filling added enough flavor or sweetness. My husband liked it but picked out a few of the cherries. I would try this again without the cherries.I can't think of another pie filling to use, maybe a fresh fruit or nut layer would be good."