Wheat Yeast rolls Recipe
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1-1/2 to 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1. In a mixing bowl, dissolve yeast in water. Add oil, sugar, salt and whole wheat flour; beat until smooth. Add enough all-purpose flour to form a soft dough. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour. Punch the dough down; divide into 12 pieces. Shape into rolls; place 3 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes. Bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pan and cool on wire racks. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 each: 175 calories, 7g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 195mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1-1/2 fat.
Reviews for Wheat Yeast rolls
"So good I thought I went to a bakery and bought them"
"It was yummy, my family enjoy them very much. I served them with honey butter."