Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in buttermilk just until moistened.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead 6-8 times. Pat or roll out to 1-in. thickness; cut with a 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter. Place on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 18-20 minutes or until lightly browned.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 140 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 376mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Sep 11, 2009
This recipe looks sooo easy. Only problem is it's not whole wheat biscuits since white flour is included...in order to be whole wheat breads, rolls or biscuits no white flour should be included. Whole wheat means 100% wheat flour.