Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 35 min.
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 8 ounces process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1 can (15 ounces) chili with beans
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 ounces thin spaghetti or vermicelli, cooked and drained
- In a Dutch oven, cook beef, onion and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the cheese, chili, tomatoes, ketchup, salt and pepper. Cook, uncovered, over low heat until cheese is melted, stirring occasionally. Stir in spaghetti. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 266 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 45mg cholesterol, 535mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 19g protein.
May 6, 2019
Family-style comfort food, but very mild. I used bow-tie pasta, which I think was a better shape for the sauce. The flavors are kid-friendly mild. For adults, consider using salsa instead of ketchup, or pepper-jack instead of Velveeta.
Mar 18, 2019
I prepared this tonight and we cleaned our plates. I halved the recipe for the two of us but no other changes. We both loved it but I felt it was just a tad bland. Maybe next time some chili powder or a little taco seasoning. But we gobbled it down as it was. I do recommend this recipe.
Apr 18, 2010
Haven't made this yet but sounds great. Will probably use diced canned tomatoes for stewed. Will go over well for Bingo.