While visiting my cousin in Wyoming, we threw together this dish at the last minute. It was such a hit we quickly wrote down the ingredients so we could make it for years to come.—Kathleen Lutz, Steward, Illinois ;
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 35 min.
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 8 ounces process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1 can (15 ounces) chili with beans
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 ounces thin spaghetti or vermicelli, cooked and drained
- In a Dutch oven, cook beef, onion and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the cheese, chili, tomatoes, ketchup, salt and pepper. Cook, uncovered, over low heat until cheese is melted, stirring occasionally. Stir in spaghetti. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 266 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 45mg cholesterol, 535mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 19g protein.
Originally published as Western Spaghetti in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook-Book
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.