- 4 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, diced
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 English muffins, split and toasted
- In a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp. Remove to paper towels. Drain, reserving 2 tablespoons of drippings. Cook beef, onion and green pepper in drippings until meat is no longer pink. Add beans, tomato sauce, chili powder, salt, pepper and bacon.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; add cheese. Cook and stir over low heat until cheese is melted. Spoon onto English muffin halves. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forWestern Range Sandwiches
"This recipe was really good and the flavors blended together very well. The taste did remind of a chili dog, but still yummy. Just to spice it up a bit we topped our sandwiches with siracha."
"Another good one to try soon.Thank you."