Western Range Sandwiches
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 4 bacon strips, diced
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 English muffins, split and toasted
- In a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp. Remove to paper towels. Drain, reserving 2 tablespoons of drippings. Cook beef, onion and green pepper in drippings until meat is no longer pink. Add beans, tomato sauce, chili powder, salt, pepper and bacon.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; add cheese. Cook and stir over low heat until cheese is melted. Spoon onto English muffin halves.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 16, 2014
This recipe was really good and the flavors blended together very well. The taste did remind of a chili dog, but still yummy. Just to spice it up a bit we topped our sandwiches with siracha.
Jun 5, 2009
Another good one to try soon. Thank you.
Jun 5, 2009