With baked beans, corn and green pepper, these juicy drumsticks are a meal by themselves. But I like to serve them with a green salad and fresh bread.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 40 min.
- 1 can (16 ounces) barbecue-flavored baked beans, undrained
- 1 can (8 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1-1/2 cups chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 4 chicken legs, skin removed
- In a 2-qt. saucepan, combine beans, corn, green pepper and ketchup; add chicken legs. Cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 40 minutes or until chicken juices run clear.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 515 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 97mg cholesterol, 1412mg sodium, 67g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 16g fiber), 40g protein.
Jun 3, 2014
Sep 25, 2009
I use a lot of Taste of Home recipes but will not use this one again. I added onions and browned the chicken slightly and it still lacked flavor.