With baked beans, corn and green pepper, these juicy drumsticks are a meal by themselves. But I like to serve them with a green salad and fresh bread.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 40 min.
- 1 can (16 ounces) barbecue-flavored baked beans, undrained
- 1 can (8 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1-1/2 cups chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 4 chicken legs, skin removed
- In a 2-qt. saucepan, combine beans, corn, green pepper and ketchup; add chicken legs. Cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 40 minutes or until chicken juices run clear.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 515 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 97mg cholesterol, 1412mg sodium, 67g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 16g fiber), 40g protein.
Originally published as Western Drumsticks in Country Chicken Cookbook
Jun 3, 2014
Sep 25, 2009
I use a lot of Taste of Home recipes but will not use this one again. I added onions and browned the chicken slightly and it still lacked flavor.