Western Black Bean Dip
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon chopped green onions, divided
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon chopped tomato, divided
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1/4 cup shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend, divided
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- Tortilla chips
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute the beans, 1/2 cup onions, 1/2 cup tomato, salsa, garlic and chili powder in oil for 4-6 minutes or until heated through, gently mashing the beans while heating.
- Remove from the heat. Stir in 3 tablespoons cheese and the cilantro. Transfer to a serving dish; top with the remaining cheese, onions and tomato. Serve warm with chips.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 92 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 266mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 4g fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
Aug 2, 2012
I made this as a side dish for supper tonight. My husband and I loved it!
Aug 5, 2009
Since I was busy making dinner, my husband whipped up this dip. He's not much of a cook but it was really easy. And he loved it so much I had to rescue the half that he didn't eat!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.