- 1-1/2 pounds medium red potatoes, cooked and peeled
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice, divided
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- Place potatoes in a large bowl and set aside. In a jar with tight-fitting lid, combine onions, 3 tablespoons lemon juice, oil, parsley, salt if desired and pepper; shake well. Pour over potatoes and toss gently. Add celery and set aside. In a saucepan, cook asparagus in a small amount of water until crisp-tender, about 3-4 minutes; drain. Immerse in ice water; drain well. add to potato mixture. In a small bowl, combine sour cream, mustard, thyme, tarragon and remaining lemon juice; fold into salad. Serve immediately or refrigerate. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forWest Coast Potato Salad
"This is wonderful - A sophisticated grown up potato salad. It will not be liked byeveryone, but it is loved by those who have good taste."
"Excellent recipe, nice "gourmet twist" on an old favorite ... Yumm"
"Excellent recipe, nice updated "gourmet twist" on an old favorite ... Yumm!"