- 1-1/2 pounds medium red potatoes, cooked and cubed
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice, divided
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- Place potatoes in a large bowl and set aside. In a jar with tight-fitting lid, combine 3 tablespoons lemon juice, oil, parsley, salt if desired and pepper; shake well. Pour over potatoes and toss gently. Add celery and onions; set aside.
- In a large saucepan, bring 1/2 in. of water to a boil. Add asparagus; cover and cook for 3 minutes. Drain and immediately place asparagus in ice water. Drain and pat dry. Add to potato mixture.
- In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, mustard, thyme, tarragon and remaining lemon juice; gently fold into salad. Chill until serving. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forWest Coast Potato Salad
"This is wonderful - A sophisticated grown up potato salad. It will not be liked byeveryone, but it is loved by those who have good taste."
"Excellent recipe, nice "gourmet twist" on an old favorite ... Yumm"
"Excellent recipe, nice updated "gourmet twist" on an old favorite ... Yumm!"