Decorating these creatures couldn't be easier—even the kids can get in on the fun. Just make sure they don't wolf them down before the party starts! —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Total TimePrep: 1 hour Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1-1/3 cups chocolate syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 to 4 tablespoons 2% milk
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Red-hot candies
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in syrup and vanilla. Add flour and salt; mix well. Pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- For frosting, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until smooth. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar alternately with milk until frosting reaches desired consistency. Remove and set aside 1/3 cup frosting. Beat chocolate and vanilla into remaining frosting. Frost brownies.
- Using a fork, make marks in the frosting to resemble hair. Cut brownies into 18 bars. Using tip #2, pipe reserved frosting for eyes and teeth. Add red-hot candies for eyes and decorate with remaining frosting as desired to finish faces.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.