Weeknight Pork Chops, sent in by Oceanside, California cook Cheryl Maher, make a speedy but simply scrumptious meal. While the chops sizzle on the stovetop, Cheryl mixes and microwaves mustard, vinegar and strawberry jam into a colorful sauce that she drizzles over her “sweet and yummy” entree.
Recommended: 17 Slow Cooker Pork Chop Recipes for Busy Days
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (8 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/4 cup seedless strawberry jam
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- In a large skillet, brown pork chops in oil over medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes on each side. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine the jam, vinegar and mustard. Cover and microwave on high for 20-25 seconds or until heated through. Serve over pork chops. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Weeknight Pork Chops in Quick Cooking November/December 2005, p45
Reviews forWeeknight Pork Chops
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 17, 2012
"This was really good. I made it with the seasoned potatoes in the same issue."