Weeknight Pasta Supper
After a long day, I want something that is healthy but also quick to prepare and this pasta dish fits my needs.—Cathy Rau, Newport, Oregon
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 3 cups uncooked bow tie pasta
- 10 ounces lean ground turkey
- 8 ounces sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) fire-roasted diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/4 cup dry red wine or chicken broth
- 5 pitted Greek olives, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach, chopped
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, cook turkey until no longer pink; drain. Remove meat; set aside and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, cook mushrooms and garlic in oil until tender. Stir in the tomatoes, wine, olives, seasonings and turkey. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Drain pasta. Stir into turkey mixture. Stir in spinach; cook 1-2 minutes longer or until spinach is wilted. Sprinkle with cheese.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 411 calories, 11g fat (3g saturated fat), 57mg cholesterol, 751mg sodium, 52g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 4g fiber), 24g protein.
Originally published as Weeknight Pasta, Fast, Healthy and Delicious in Taste of Home Winning Recipes 3
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.