- 8 ounces uncooked lasagna noodles, broken into 2-inch pieces
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 jar (24 ounces) pasta sauce with meat
- Preheat oven to 400°. Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, mix ricotta cheese, 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese. Drain noodles well; stir into cheese mixture.
- Spread 1 cup pasta sauce into a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Layer with half of the noodle mixture and 1 cup sauce; layer with the remaining noodle mixture and sauce. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Cover with greased foil; bake until heated through, 10-15 minutes. Yield: 6 servings
Reviews forWeeknight Lazy Lasagna
"The taste is great because, well, it’s lasagna. The issue I have is that it’s still a bit fussy—the noodles stick together when mixing with the cheeses. I had to keep reaching into the bowl to separate them, which was messy. I think the only way to make lasagna easier is to use no bake noodles. I’ll try it again and update if I have an easier time next time. I used non-meat sauce to make it vegetarian."
"The taste is great because, well, it’s lasagna. The issue for me is that it’s almost as much work as regular lasagna. By draining the noodles well (as instructed), they stuck together when mixing with the cheese, so I had to keep reaching in the bowl to pull them apart. And there is still plenty of layering to do. I think the only way to make lasagna less fussy is to use no-boil noodles.I used non-meat sauce to make it vegetarian."