- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 3 cups cut fresh green beans (2-inch pieces)
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 4 thin slices deli ham
- 4 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat. Add chicken; cook 4-6 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 165°. Remove from pan.
- Heat remaining oil in same pan. Add green beans and mushrooms; cook and stir 3-4 minutes or until beans are crisp-tender. Return chicken to pan; top each with a slice of ham and cheese. Cook, covered, 1-2 minutes or just until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forWeeknight Chicken Cordon Bleu
"I made this recipe soon after it was printed in Simple & Delicious! I did not use the mushroom and green bean side. I served it with multi-grain rice and steamed spinach. It's a keeper. So glad you "winged it"!!!"