Weeknight Chicken and Pasta
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 cups uncooked whole wheat bow tie pasta
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons minced chives
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, saute onion and red pepper in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the chicken, sour cream, milk and seasonings; heat through. Drain pasta; stir into skillet. Sprinkle with cheese and chives.
Nutrition Facts1-1/4 cups: 394 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 53mg cholesterol, 399mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 7g fiber), 28g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Mar 30, 2013
This is a "go to" recipe for a tasty, quick meal.
Jan 20, 2013
This was ok. It was missing something and there wasn't much sauce to it.I think doubling the sauce and perhaps adding mushrooms would make it better.
Jan 15, 2013
It has potential... I agree with Carol 39110 -- the thyme/tarragon flavor is VERY strong and there isn't much of a sauce. But it was good enough to warrant a second try.
Nov 24, 2011
We did not care for the thyme/tarragon flavor. It needs more of a sauce.
Apr 11, 2011
Wonderful and quick! Could eat it all myself.
Sep 15, 2010
This was really easy to make and tasted great. As usual, I used cooking spray instead of the oil, to lighten it up just a little more.
Jun 16, 2010
So easy and so good! I left out the red pepper b/c my DH doesn't like them, but it still tasted good! My almost 2 year old daughter loved it!
May 24, 2010
Loved it! Be careful not to add the sour cream too early or it will curdle. Excellent flavor, big hit with my husband.
May 22, 2010
It was easy to prepare and SO tasty! The right amount of seasoning. I'm definitely making it again.