Weeknight Catfish Wraps
In her Boise, Idaho kitchen, Monica Perry tucks catfish "nuggets" and a convenient coleslaw mix into tortillas with tasty results. The fish gets a slight kick from the Creole seasoning.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling Cook: 10 min.
- 1-1/2 cups coleslaw mix
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon Creole or Cajun seasoning, divided
- 1/4 cup coleslaw salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons pancake mix
- 1/2 pound catfish fillets, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 4 flour tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- In a small bowl, combine the coleslaw mix, onion, pepper and 1/4 teaspoon seasoning. Stir in dressing. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- In a resealable plastic bag, combine the pancake mix and remaining seasoning. Add fish and toss to coat.
- In a small nonstick skillet over medium heat, cook fish in oil until light golden brown on all sides and fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Spoon coleslaw mixture onto tortillas; top with fish and roll up.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 469 calories, 23g fat (3g saturated fat), 62mg cholesterol, 1207mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 25g protein.
Originally published as Catfish Wraps in Cooking for 2 Summer 2005