Weeknight Apple Crisp
When my cooking classes bake these apples, all the staff drops by. Students make them at home for Thanksgiving, and parents send in thank-you notes. —Sally Treonze, Hillsborough, New Jersey
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon, divided
- 5 large apples, peeled and sliced
- 3/4 cup old-fashioned oats
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons cold butter, cubed
- Preheat oven to 350°. Stir together granulated sugar and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon; toss with apples. In a greased microwave-safe 11x7-in. baking dish, microwave apples until slightly softened, about 4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, using a fork, combine oats, brown sugar, flour and remaining cinnamon. Cut in butter until crumbly; sprinkle over apples. Bake until apples are soft and topping is golden brown, 30-40 minutes. Serve warm.