Weeknight Apple Crisp
When my cooking classes bake these apples, all the staff drops by. Students make them at home for Thanksgiving, and parents send in thank-you notes. —Sally Treonze, Hillsborough, New Jersey
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon, divided
- 5 large apples, peeled and sliced
- 3/4 cup old-fashioned oats
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons cold butter, cubed
- Preheat oven to 350°. Stir together granulated sugar and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon; toss with apples. In a greased microwave-safe 11x7-in. baking dish, microwave apples until slightly softened, about 4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, using a fork, combine oats, brown sugar, flour and remaining cinnamon. Cut in butter until crumbly; sprinkle over apples. Bake until apples are soft and topping is golden brown, 30-40 minutes. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts0.666 cup: 388 calories, 13g fat (7g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 99mg sodium, 70g carbohydrate (51g sugars, 4g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Quick Apple Crisp in Taste of Home November 2016