Weekend Breakfast Bake
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 4 cups shredded Monterey Jack or cheddar cheese
- 8 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large skillet, cook sausage and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese. Combine eggs and soup; pour over cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 431 calories, 35g fat (17g saturated fat), 284mg cholesterol, 878mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 24g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 12, 2010
My husband and I are on a low carb plan - has been great for our health, but hard to find recipes for Saturday breakfast with company. Everyone loved this!
Oct 21, 2009
I'm confused. I don't see anywhere that is says Healthy.
Oct 21, 2009
HOW CAN YOU CALL THIS A HEALTHY RECIPE WHEN THERE IS 35 GRAMS OF FAT AND 17 OF THEM ARE SATURATED. I AM SURE THIS RECIPE IS DELICIOUS . FAT MAKES THINGS TASTE GOOD.
Mar 21, 2009
This is totally perfect as is!!! We didn't even miss the usual potatoes or bread cubes that are usually found in a breakfast casserole. The cream of mushroom soup was such a unique and different ingredient that I never would have thought of myself! Thanks so much for the recipe!!!
Feb 9, 2009
We thought this would be even better "personalized" - I want green onions & mushrooms on part, DH wants bell peppers, DD wants no cheese - would be easy to do each in a part of the pan as an additional layer.