It's so convenient to pull a batch of the meat out of the freezer to make this hearty chili. Chili powder and red pepper flakes are the easy seasonings that give it zippy flavor.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 cups Big-Batch Beef Sauce
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 to 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large saucepan, combine the beef sauce, beans, tomato sauce, chili powder and red pepper flakes. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Cover and simmer until heated through. Sprinkle each serving with cheese.
Originally published as Weekday Chili in Quick Cooking May/June 2000