It's so convenient to pull a batch of the meat out of the freezer to make this hearty chili. Chili powder and red pepper flakes are the easy seasonings that give it zippy flavor.
Recommended: 25 Surprising Ways to Use Jiffy Mix
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 cups Big-Batch Beef Sauce (recipe also in Recipe Finder)
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 to 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- In a saucepan, combine the beef sauce, beans, tomato sauce, chili powder and red pepper flakes. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Cover and simmer until heated through. Garnish servings with cheese. Yield: 2-3 servings.
Originally published as Weekday Chili in Quick Cooking May/June 2000, p15
Reviews forWeekday Chili
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 10, 2015
"Great, how do i tone it down if it is to spicy?"