- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) lime gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 cup cold milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Green sprinkles
- Prepare and bake cake according to package directions, using a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Cool on a wire rack 1 hour. In a small bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water; stir in cold water and set aside.
- With a meat fork or wooden skewer, poke holes about 2 in. apart into cooled cake. Slowly pour gelatin over cake. Cover and refrigerate.
- In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix 2 minutes (mixture will be thick). Fold in whipped topping. Spread over cake. Decorate with sprinkles. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Reviews forWearing o' Green Cake
"I'm perplexed. The pudding whisked with the milk never thickened. I could only find a 2.75 ounce box. Is that the problem? It's completely liquid. I'll just have to proceed with cool whip only as the frosting."
"Great recipe! A hit with the family!"
"Made this cake for the grandkids, THEY LOVED IT!!! Will make again! Great recipe."
"Awesome but with some flavor changes! I used lemon cake mix and jolly rancher watermelon jello and then frosted with lemon pudding. Then to make it a little healthier I used egg beaters and fat free whip topping. Was a big hit with my whole family. Will definitely make again."
"So easy to make and taste so refreshing!"
"This is the best cake ever perfecto for St. Patrick's day partys"
"Can't go wrong with poke cakes. They are always delicious. Making this again for St. Patrick's Day next week. I will tint the frosting a light shade of green."