Watermelon Sugar Cookies
I made these cookies for my daughter's kindergarten class, and they were an instant hit. The students loved these frosted treats and gobbled them up!—Diane Hunt, Camden, Indiana
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min.
Makesabout 8-1/2 dozen
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 can (12 ounces) whipped vanilla frosting
- Red and green food coloring
- Miniature chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture alternately with the sour cream, beating well after each addition. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight.
- On a heavily floured surface, roll out half of the dough to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut with a 3-in. round cookie cutter; cut circles in half. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 9-10 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned and cookies are set. Cool on wire racks.
- Place two-thirds of the frosting in bowl; add red food coloring. Add green food coloring to the remaining frosting. Spread pink frosting on tops of cookies. Frost the edges with green frosting, using a pastry bag with a small star tip if desired. Place chocolate chips randomly over the pink frosting for seeds.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 122 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 21mg cholesterol, 103mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.