Watermelon Salsa with Wonton Chips
We love to feature summer produce in this salsa of avocado, watermelon and raspberries. Take it to a get-together and the bowl will come back empty. —Paula Marchesi, Lenhartsville, Pennsylvania
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makes2-1/2 cups (48 wonton chips)
- 24 wonton wrappers, halved diagonally
- Cooking spray
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 cup finely chopped seedless watermelon
- 1 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Fresh raspberries
- Preheat oven to 400°. Arrange wontons in a single layer on two greased baking sheets; spritz with cooking spray. Bake 4-6 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely on wire racks.
- In a small bowl, combine avocado, watermelon, beans, corn and cilantro. In another bowl, whisk vinegar, oil, lime zest, salt and pepper until blended. Drizzle over avocado mixture; toss lightly to coat. Top with raspberries. Serve with wonton chips.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup salsa with 4 chips (calculated without raspberries): 145 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 278mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Southwestern Fruit Crisps in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2015
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.