Watermelon Salsa with Wonton Chips
We love to feature summer produce in this salsa of avocado, watermelon and raspberries. Take it to a get-together and the bowl will come back empty. —Paula Marchesi, Lenhartsville, Pennsylvania
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makes2-1/2 cups (48 wonton chips)
- 24 wonton wrappers, halved diagonally
- Cooking spray
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 cup finely chopped seedless watermelon
- 1 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Fresh raspberries
- Preheat oven to 400°. Arrange wontons in a single layer on two greased baking sheets; spritz with cooking spray. Bake 4-6 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely on wire racks.
- In a small bowl, combine avocado, watermelon, beans, corn and cilantro. In another bowl, whisk vinegar, oil, lime zest, salt and pepper until blended. Drizzle over avocado mixture; toss lightly to coat. Top with raspberries. Serve with wonton chips.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup salsa with 4 chips (calculated without raspberries): 145 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 278mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Southwestern Fruit Crisps in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2015