Watermelon Mint Gazpacho
Nothing cools off the dog days of summer like a bowl of this refreshing watermelon chilled soup. It's subtle sweetness, touch of mint and pretty pink color make it especially appealing.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
Makes9 servings (2-1/4 quarts)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 12 cups seeded chopped watermelon
- 2 cups chopped honeydew
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar and water. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 2-3 minutes or until sugar is dissolved, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat; cool to room temperature.
- Working in batches if necessary, place the sugar mixture, watermelon, honeydew, mint, lime juice and salt in a food processor. Cover and process until smooth. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Combine sour cream and sugar. Garnish each serving with topping.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 163 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 276mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (31g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Watermelon Gazpacho in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2011